Sierra Chart's chart menu is the menu that is displayed when the "Chart" menu item of Sierra Chart's application menu (the menu at the top of the program's window) is accessed. The "Chart" menu can be (as there are often other ways of accomplishing the same tasks) used for a variety of tasks such as accessing the chart settings configuration screen, displaying vertical or horizontal grid lines on a chart, displaying the time and sales for a symbol, etc..
Sierrs Chart's chart menu includes a potentially overwhelming number of menu fields, but using most of the menu fields is optional, either because the same task can be accomplished via an alternative method (e.g. the Chart Settings menu field is the equivalent to right clicking on a chart and choosing the "Chart Settings" item), or because the menu field is rather obscure (e.g. historical data for a symbol is automatically downloaded when a chart for the symbol is created, so the Download/Refresh Historical Data menu field will probably not be used very often (if ever)).
Sierra Chart's Chart Menu Fields (Part 4)
- Perform Futures Symbol Rollover - Display the futures contract rollover window which could be used to update the currently active chart to use the next futures contract (based upon the futures contract expiration date)
- Duplicate Chart - Copy the currently active chart to a new chart window within the same chartbook
- Duplicate Chart To Chartbook - Copy the currently active chart to a new chart window within a different (already existing) chartbook
- Detach/Attach Chart Window - Detach an attached chart from the main Sierra Chart window or attach a detached chart to the main Sierra Chart window
- Hide Chart - Hide (i.e. do not display) the currently active chart
- Reset Scale - Reset the scales of the currently active chart to their default settings (i.e. undo any modifications that have been made to the scales of the currently active chart)
- Reset Bar Size/Spacing/Scale - Reset the bar or candlestick size, the bar or candlestick spacing, and the scales of the currently active chart to their default settings (i.e. undo any modifications that have been made to the bar or candlestick size, the bar or candlestick spacing, and the scales of the currently active chart)
- Reset Child Windows - Reset the positions of any child windows for the currently active chart (e.g. move the time and sales windows for the currently active chart to its default position)
- Reset TPO Chart - Reset a TPO chart to its default settings
Assuming that there is a currently active chart (i.e. a chart has been created or opened), some of the "Chart" menu fields are always accessible (e.g. Chart Settings, Graph Draw Types, etc.), but some of the "Chart" menu fields are only accessible under certain conditions (e.g. Use Evening/Full Session is only accessible if there could be any additional trading information for the currently active chart).